Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 26 July 2014

Liebster Award

Hi!

It was such a nice surprise to see that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award four times by JessEllieJasmine and Phoebe (please check out their blogs they're lovely!).

As I had never heard of it before now, I decided to do some research. The concept of it is really cute as it allows you to discover new blogs and at the same time allow your blog to become more well known! The award itself exists purely on the internet and is like a type of chain mail, with each new blogger passing on the award to new blogs that they enjoy and think deserve it. The word 'Liebster' comes from the German meaning of sweetheart, love, beloved and dearest.



Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person that nominated you for the award

2. You must write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.

3. You also have to answer the 11 questions given by the nominator

4. After completing this, you should nominate 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and then give them 11 questions of your choice. However, you cannot nominate your nominator (as much as I would love to!)

5. You have to let your nominees know that they've been nominated and give them access to the link to find out more about the award.


11 Facts about myself:

- I recently started rowing and so far I'm really enjoying it as I have made lots of new friends and it's a really effective way to get fit!

- My favourite band is 5 Seconds of Summer. I am completely obsessed and have met them 5 times!!


- My all-time favourite book is 1984 by George Orwell; I find the concept of it fascinating and also quite daunting as society is slowly becoming more and more like their world. It is a book I would highly recommend.

- I've always wanted to start a blog but I've never really had the courage to until now.

- My favourite songs are: The Wire by Haim, Year 3000 by Busted and Superhero by 5 Seconds of Summer

- I have a really annoying habit where I will hear a new song, listen to it over and over hundreds of times and then not like it anymore! :)

- As of the moment, I have never broken a bone! (Hopefully it will stay like this!)

- I have met The Vamps :D

- My favourite Yankee Candle scent is the 'Loves me, love me not'- it smells like daisies and grass and always reminds me of summer.

- I love anything that's pastel coloured- I think the colours look really pretty and elegant.

-I have hair that's down to my waist (which can be annoying sometimes!) and I'm hoping to dye it ombre soon!


My answers to Jess' questions:

1. What is your favourite savoury dish and sweet dish?

My mum makes a delicious spaghetti bolognese so that would have to be my favourite savoury. I have a really sweet tooth and my favourite sweet food depends on the season! In winter, I love homemade apple and blackberry crumble, but in summer I love red berry pavlovas!

2. What is your favourite TV series at the moment?

I don't really find myself watching TV that much nowadays, but a few weeks ago I found out that the Sherlock seasons 1 and 2 had been put onto Netflix so I just stayed at home and watched all of them for a couple of days!

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

One place I would love to live is Australia. I have never been there but one year I would love to travel there! The idea of constantly having hot weather really appeals to me in comparison to our rainy climate!

4. If you could own a beauty brand, what would you call it?

I really love painting my nails so I would love to own my own nail polish brand called " Emily's nails"… creative, I know :) I think its really cute when brands are named after their owners :)

5. How long have you been blogging for and what do you love about it?

As of today, I have been blogging for a grand total of 12 days! I love writing in general but blogging is an added bonus as you get to write about things you love and its so rewarding when people read it!

6. What is your favourite quote?

Being a massive John Green fan, my favourite quote comes from The Fault in Our Stars: "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations" I think its so beautiful and elegant and relatable to life.

7. Do you have any hidden/funny talents?

Haha not really… :)

8. What are you most looking forward to this summer?

I am really looking forward to completing my summer bucket list, spending some time with my friends and family and going on holiday so I can relax!

9. If you were stuck on a desert island, what 5 things would you take with you?

We had to answer this question recently at school and someone came up with the idea of a boat! However, as that isn't really allowed, the five things I would take with me is: a computer, wifi, unlimited food/water, a tent and a flare to signal for help (I don't really fancy being stuck on a desert island for the rest of my life!)

10. What are your plans for the future?

In the short term, I would love to start learning guitar and keep working hard to achieve my GCSEs. In the long term, I would love to go to collage then hopefully uni to study law :).

11. What is one thing that makes you happy?

This would have to be spending time with my family as we always have such a great time!


My answers to Ellie's questions: (some were the same so I have missed them out)

1. What got you into blogging?

I have always loved writing since I was very young and last Christmas I received a new camera and thought the two skills would go beautifully together in a blog! I also love the idea of people actually reading what I have to say!

2. Which blogs/bloggers inspire you the most?

As I mentioned in my first post, which you can view here, Zoella is one of my main inspirations, however I also love From Roses and thesundaygirl.

3. Are there things you are scared/shy to post about?

Not really, I only recently started blogging so I'm still finding my feet about what style I will adapt but at the moment, everything is new and exciting!

4. What do you find the most difficult about blogging?

I have so many ideas in a notebook and the list just keeps growing, I have to restrain myself from doing multiple posts a day!!

5. Is there anything you would like to change about your blog?

In the future, I think I would like to invest in a slightly more professional looking template, but at the moment I'm happy with it as it reflects my personality.

6. What do your friends think of your blog?

Haha I'm not really sure, I think a few of them have seen it as I post the link on my instagram, but I'll have to ask them.

7. Describe yourself in 3 words:

Haha this is a hard question! Fun, girly, and imaginative?

8. How would other people describe you?

I honestly have no idea, I'll have to ask them!

9. Are you a glass half full/empty person?

I like to think of myself as a glass half full, optimistic person!

10. Favourite thing to do?

Spending time with my family and blogging.






My answers to Jasmine's questions (some were the same so I have missed them out)

1. What do you blog about and why?

I blog about things that I love as that is the whole reason I started blogging!

2. How often do you blog?

As its the holidays, I try to blog at least two or three times a week however, when I do go back to school, I will probably only be able to blog once a week.

3. What's your most successful blog post?

This would have to be either my BabyLips review or my "Ice Creams and Crabbing" post. Funnily enough, these were also some of the most enjoyable ones to do!

4. What have you learnt so far about blogging?

I have learnt that with patience comes rewards and that I shouldn't set unrealistic goals for myself in terms of views and followers. 

5. What social media site do you like the most?

Twitter. Twitter is literally my life…

6. Apart from blogging, what else do you do?

I'm currently working on my next grade of the violin, I like going rowing and sailing, and I love reading :)

7. What are your goals for next year?

To keep working hard at school and to do more exercise!

8. What do you enjoy reading the most?

Probably books but I do love reading blog posts as well as they offer something a little different.

9. What is your favourite colour?

I love all pastel colours so any of them really.

10. How long do you spend on your blog every day?

I try to dedicate an hour every day to replying to comments, researching and planning my posts but on days where I upload and write a post I'll spend an extra 2 hours as that's how long it takes me to write a post roughly (this is inclusive of taking the pictures and editing!)

My answers to Phoebe's questions (some questions were the same so I have missed them out)

1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?

I get to share things that I love with people and be rewarding with views and comments.

2. Books or films?

Books :)

3. If you could, what would you change about the world?

Make everything fair and have no suffering.

4. Who is your ideal partner?

Luke Hemmings

5. What is your favourite song at the moment?

Long way home by 5SOS

6. What is your earliest memory?

My 4th birthday party

7. Where would you go if you could go back in time?

I would find out what the lottery numbers are :)

8. If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would it be?

Four from Divergent

9. What actor would you want to play you in a movie about your life?

Emma Watson


I hope this has allowed you to learn a bit more about me!






My nominations:



My questions

1. Why did you start blogging?

2. What is your biggest life achievement?

3. What is your favourite type of blogpost to write?

4. Who are your main inspirations?

5. Where did the inspiration for your blog name come from?

6. 3 must have beauty products?

7. What is your favourite blog post you've written so far and why?

8. Where would you like to travel in the world?

9. Happiest moment in your life so far?

10. Favourite scent?

11. If you woke up tomorrow and could do absolutely anything, what would you do?


I hope my nominees enjoy doing the Liebster award- I think it is such a nice idea as it helps smaller blogs get noticed and you can share with your followers some of your favourite blogs! Thank you once again to Jess and Ellie for nominating me- it was such a surprise!

Please comment when you've completed it!


Thanks for reading, 

Emily x


No comments:

Post a Comment