Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 21 September 2014

2 Months and 200 followers on...


Hi!

So today is a huge landmark for me as, not only have I been blogging for a grand total of 2 months now, but 'Through the Looking Glass' has also reached 200 followers! This is amazing for me as I honestly never imagined this kind of response so quickly!!

I thought it might be quite nice to do a 'What I've learnt since I've started blogging' as when I first became a blogger, I found these types of posts really helpful and interesting.

1. Stop comparing your blog to other people's

This is something I'm still trying not to do, but just remember that you are your own person and your blog should be individual and this is always lovely to see when reflected in someone's blog. 

2. Make sure you post regularly

Its amazing what a difference it can make to your hits when you're posting every few days instead of once a fortnight.

3. Put in lots of effort

I know that sometimes it can be difficult to fit blogging in, but the more time and effort you put in, the larger rewards you'll receive.

4. The numbers will come- just be patient

When I first started my blog, I would always be disappointed when I was getting minimal views everyday. However, it was so rewarding to see my audience and views growing daily after a length of time so don't worry- just be patient and put in lots of effort and you'll reap the rewards.

5. Blogger Etiquette

This is something which is just acknowledged in the blogging community- when you enjoy someone's post, share a comment- its surprising how far it can go. Also, it's great to take inspiration from other bloggers, but inspiration and copying are two completely different things- don't do it!

6. Photos are vital!

Not everybody wants to invest in a high-tech camera and that is absolutely fine- however, always include pictures when writing blog posts- this will help to attract your readers attention when looking at them against other people's posts.



Thank you once again for 200 followers- it means so much to me! I hope you have enjoyed this post, please let me know in the comments :)


Emily x






No comments:

Post a Comment